“I appreciate the fact that we were able to easily deviate from the book when possible to cover more interesting & advanced topics. [Instructor] is very knowledgeable and honest about BO XI capabilities. Thanks.”
– John F, FedEx
“[Instructor] is very knowledgeable in this subject and is able to communicate information in an easy, understandable manner. I look forward to doing the advanced class…”
– Kimberley G, Rogers Wireless
“This instructor gets a 10 out of 10. He is brilliant and has the expertise and teaching methodology that makes this type of course fun and educational. Highly recommend for future courses!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!”
– Attendee, Burger King Corporation
Learn core Desktop skills in this introductory class. You’ll gain a thorough introduction to data analysis and visual design in Tableau, and learn how to build views and interactive dashboards.
This course is designed for the beginner Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background.
This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Connect your data
- Edit and save a data source
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use the Tableau interface/paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations
- Represent your data using a variety visualizations
- Build dashboards to share visualizations
2 Days – Live Classroom/ Virtual
No previous knowledge of Tableau is required.
- Connecting to Data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available