“I appreciate the fact that we were able to easily deviate from the book when possible to cover more interesting & advanced topics. [Instructor] is very knowledgeable and honest about BO XI capabilities. Thanks.”
– John F, FedEx
“[Instructor] is very knowledgeable in this subject and is able to communicate information in an easy, understandable manner. I look forward to doing the advanced class…”
– Kimberley G, Rogers Wireless
“This instructor gets a 10 out of 10. He is brilliant and has the expertise and teaching methodology that makes this type of course fun and educational. Highly recommend for future courses!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!”
– Attendee, Burger King Corporation
In this course, you’ll learn how to get the most out of Tableau Desktop by diving into calculations and applying them to real world scenarios.
This will help you understand when a table calculation, calculation or LOD should be used and when they overlap. You’ll get a better understanding of how to artfully prepare and organize your visualizations. This will be done through specific scenarios around analyzing time, geographic, and survey data.
By the end of this course you’ll have a better grasp of advanced building techniques and calculations for creating innovative analysis and
Users who have completed Desktop I & II or have equivalent experience.
- Apply advanced calculations to gain additional insight into your data
- Incorporate advanced dashboarding techniques
- Use calculations, parameters, and table calculations in tandem
- Use tableau techniques to address common business use cases
- Format your visualizations and dashboards for maxiumum impact
- Explore real world business scenario examples
2 Days – Live Classroom/Virtual
This is an advanced-level class. Students must have a solid understanding of calculations in Tableau before attending this class.
It is highly recommended that students have mastered Desktop I and Desktop II or the equivalent concepts and skills before attending Desktop III.
- Review calculations
- Advanced table calculations
- Level of detail expressions
- Analyzing time-based data
- Analyzing customer behaviour
- Advanced chart types
- Geographical analysis
- Advanced dashboard techniques